Welcome to ASFAAG's Middle East and North Africa Chapter web-page.
ASFAAG MENA Chapter Workshop on The Future Trends in Accounting, Finance & Governance in Climate Change
August 16th 2023
We are pleased to announce that our ASFAAG MENA Chapter Workshop on The Future Trends in Accounting, Finance & Governance in Climate Change will be held on 16th 2023 in Istanbul, Turkiye. The theme of the workshop is "The Future Trends in Accounting, Finance & Governance in Climate Change".
Through the launch of this workshop, ASFAAG MENA Chapter aims to bring academics, practitioners and policymakers under one platform for initiating debates and discussions surrounding Sustainable Finance, Accounting, Accountability, and Governance. Several high-profile academics, practitioners, and policymakers have been invited to the workshop as keynote speakers, presenters, and panelists.
Date: 16 August 2023 Wednesday
Duration: Full-Day Workshop (approximately 6-8 hours)
14:00-15:00: Session 1
- Welcome and Introduction to ASFAAG MENA Chapter
- Overview of the Workshop Objectives and Agenda
- Keynote Speaker and Reflective Talks
15:00-16:00: Session 2
- Keynote Speech by Gulcin Salıngan, Deputy Director, UNDP Istanbul International Center for Private Sector Development (ICPSD)
- UNDP Participants: Funda Süzer, Impact Investing Portfolio; Charles Selestine, Islamic Finance Portfolio; and Abdurrahman Yazici, Islamic Finance Portfolio
- Q&A Session
16:00-16:30: Session 3
- Keynote Speech by Dr. Alperen Manisaligil on "Understanding change in disruptive contexts: The role of the time paradox and locus of control"
- Interactive Discussions
16:30-17:00 Session 4
- Keynote Speech by Dr. Marwa Elnahass
- Interactive Discussions
Break: Refreshments and Networking Duration: 30 minutes
17:00-19:00 Session 5
- Roundtable Discussions on research collaborations and grant applications
- Moderated Discussion on the potential contributions of ASFAAG MENA
- Audience Questions and Participation
- Closing Remarks and Workshop Wrap-up
-In this session, attendees will be discussing their latest research centered around Emerging Developments in Accounting, Finance Governance as they pertain to Climate Change. Participants can choose to delve into their specific papers or their current projects. The ultimate objective is to investigate potential collaboration routes for research grant proposals and influence policy formulation.
19:00-22:00 Dinner Istanbul Chamber of Commerce
Please contact Prof. Ahmet Faruk Aysan at email@example.com to join the workshop.
Note: The agenda can be adjusted based on the specific topics or themes of the workshop and the availability of speakers and facilitators. The time durations for each session can also be modified to ensure a balanced schedule throughout the day.
In collaboration with ITOSAM
Istanbul Chamber of Commerce Centre for Strategic Research (ITOSAM) is a research-oriented unit within the Istanbul Chamber of Commerce. ITOSAM aims to address the growing importance of data and research in today's economic landscape. ITOSAM is dedicated to providing insightful analysis and valuable data with a primary focus on the real sector. At the core of ITOSAM's efforts is a strong focus on the real sector, encompassing vital areas such as macroeconomic expectations, access to finance, research and development, innovation, e-commerce, foreign trade, and climate change. By collecting relevant data, conducting in-depth research and organizing informative events, ITOSAM aims to make a significant contribution to the Istanbul business community and the broader Turkish economy. As an independent research center, ITOSAM seeks to complement existing efforts and promote a better understanding of economic trends, ultimately providing policymakers, businesses and the public with the knowledge to make informed decisions.